As a service to its membership, the NAPHA Office deals with various permit applications every week. When applying for permits through the office, please keep the following in mind:
- NAPHA visits the MET twice every week: Mondays and Thursdays, at 10:00.
Therefore, please ensure that your applications reach the office in time. Applications not received before 10:00, will only be handed in on the following visit.
- MET permit processing takes between 4 - 5 working days
. Processing may be delayed if documents are missing or required details not provided upon initial submission. Therefore, please forward your applications to the office in good time.
For trophy hunting applications, ensure that:
1. Your application form is completed in full, including a full residential address of the hunter.
2. The application is accompanied by a clear copy of the hunter's passport. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months, expiry date and full name should be clearly visible.
3. If you are planning to hunt on a farm which you do not own, the application must be accompanied by a letter from the farm owner giving you permission to hunt on his land. The letter should clearly state the names and ID numbers of the owner and invited hunter, the farm name and the validity period.
4. MET has requested that all hunting professionals submit a copy of their IDs. This is a one-time requirement only. Once handed in, it will be kept on file for future reference.
Applications for Registration as Hunting Farm must be supported by the corresponding NTB Certificate issued for your establishment.
Applications to register as Hunting Guide, Master Hunting Guide or Professional Hunter must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Land owner's permission letter for Professional Hunter and Master Hunting Guides to conduct a hunt
- Appointment letter (if you are registering for the first time)
- Copy of NTB Certificate
- Copy of MET Certificate of the previous year's registration.
Please ensure you provide fully completed applications forms and all supporting documents. Submissions applied via our office will be double checked, to avoid unnecessary delays due to missing information.
If at any time you need a copy of the various application forms, please contact the office.